*Looking at calendar and frowning*
Tomorrow is December 1st. I cannot even begin to get my head around that. Where has this year gone?!
*Looking around for missing 11 months and wondering who took them*
Did you take them, sweet Buffi?!?
Time flies when you’re having fun, they say (or sing). And boy, I must be having a ball 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, because I have no idea where this year has gone.
I took a moment today to reflect back on what I’ve done this year, both professionally and personally.
*Moment of reflection while sipping tea and looking out the window and smiling wistfully*
Now I know why the time has flown by! It’s been quite the year.
I’m very fortunate to do what I love for people I love with love. I guess that’s why the time goes by so fast. I am fortunate to work with politicians, CEO’s, celebrities, refugees, students and TED speakers and I get just as much love, energy and passion back from all of them. Whether I’m in the studio helping an artist record, coaching a CEO on her presentation skills, or writing a press release for a new startup launch – I help people share their message with the world. I am truly blessed!
So, what do you want to do with the rest of the year?
How do you want to end the last month – do you have any special goals you’d like to achieve?
I do, and I’ll share them with you. This is my December Top 15 Bucket List (In Random Order)
1. To have my Syrian friends at my home for dinner (and maybe a movie) at least twice in December. And at least once for brunch. They need to know about bagels.
2. To make that incredible Salted Caramel Cheesecake again
3. To finalise the details on my Next Big Thing with my production partners (you’ll hear a lot about it next year)
4. To continue to work on my third book and complete the final outline and chapter division
5. To have sushi with Anneke by 2016
6. To take my daughter for a Girl’s Day Out (with macaroons)
7. To (finally!) learn Minecraft from my son
8. To help my amazing client nail her talk on an international stage later this month
9. To help a scared 11 year old get over his fear of failing English at school
10. To work on the new lyrics for 3 great albums out next year
11. To go running with my husband and keep up with him
12. To meditate every day and do yoga twice a week.
13. To cook something special (and vegan!) for my students at our Christmas party
14. To finish my to-do lists
15. To not make to-do lists
Well, sweet Buffi – there it is. My Bucket List for December. Everything on this list means a lot to me, and I’m going to do my utmost to get everything done. You can hold me accountable and mail me in December – I’ll let you know how I’m doing!
I’m so curious as to what’s on your list – do share yours with me!
And if one of them is improving your English (and having fun while doing it), you can still sign up for my free Business English Challenge which launches today! (I’m pretty excited about helping the hundreds that have signed up so far – do join us!)
Thank you, as always, for reading, and for making this year such a special one for me. You ROCK!