This is something I read about a few weeks ago and I just had to try it.
I’ve started using it on myself, and my clients.
I love the results I’ve seen so far, so I just had to share it with you!
It’s called ‘Rose,Thorn, Bud’.
I ask my clients at the end of every session (and I ask myself at the end of every day) to visualize a rose.
Then I ask them this:
1. What was the rose for you today? (This is something that went well, that they are proud of, and that they want to remember.)
2. What was the thorn for you today? (This was something that was tricky, difficult, painful, or challenging.)
3. What is the bud for you today? (This is something coming up in the future that they are excited about.)
This very simple exercise has helped me:
1. To put the day into perspective and to find closure at the end of a busy day.
2. To not be embarrassed about owning my talent or accomplishments.
3. To learn from my mistakes.
4. To end with gratitude.
Powerful and meaningful results from a very simple exercise.
You can think it, say it out loud, or write it down.
Or do all 3!
Try it and let me know if you feel differently at the end of the day.
What’s your rose, thorn, and bud today?