It’s a WRAP! I cannot believe this crazy year has come and gone.
I truly feel you are who you surround yourself with.
As you can see, 2022 surrounded me with wonderful people, places, and passion.
I felt surrounded by love. And that love was brought by my family, my friends, my clients, and my team.
Welcomed new private coaching clients from different countries.
Went to Lowlands with the fam.
Worked on a blockbuster film.
Perfected my martini espresso game.
Was on the cover of a magazine.
Coached 2 top artists on new hit albums.
I had a sabbatical in the UK and was offline for 5 weeks (highly recommended!)
Celebrated my mom’s 80th birthday in Florida with drag queens and fortune tellers.
Celebrated my daughter’s 21st birthday (a year late) with all the food, cocktails, and speeches. And mama tears.
Saw clients live in NY, Berlin, and Belgium, and online in New Delhi, Singapore, Bali, Los Angeles, London.
Brainstormed with my fabulous team in fabulous places.
Created an online curriculum for Ukrainians and wept during module 3- the Language of War.
Took the East River ferry in Brooklyn, and went under all those famous bridges.
Spent time with friends I’ve had for over 40 years.
Emerged from my Top Secret Lab (after 3 years!) and could finally share Communication Nation with the world.
I laughed and hugged someone every single day.
But 2022 was not all unicorn glitter and magic rainbows.
We had to say goodbye to our beloved cat, Whiskers who brought us such joy for over a decade.
Several people I love dearly left this earth, and I hope to reconnect with them when it’s my time.
I saw my country torn apart and the world in great pain. I felt helpless and deeply sad.
I was very concerned for the planet my children are inheriting, and the role I played in creating that.
I’d like to share some top tips with you, to end/start your year with joy and clarity:
- You have zero say on how long you’ll be here, but you are 100% responsible for how deep you live. Make every day count. Today is only here once. Life is short, make it deep.
- Every ‘no’ to someone else is a ‘yes’ to you. Try to say YES to yourself every day. If you honor other people’s feeling before your own, you’re ignoring that all-important voice in your heart. Don’t silence her, she’s there for a reason.
- Something might be hard, awkward, or uncomfortable, but zoom out and focus on the big picture. You might not want to go to the gym, improve your English, or go to that network event, but the benefits you get in the end FAR outweigh that momentary feeling of ‘bleh’.
- Your time, energy, and attention are limited, and the most precious resources you have. Spend them well, on people and projects that truly deserve it. Don’t be afraid to speak up if something or someone is not adding value to your life. Complaining, jealousy, and comparison are a true waste of energy. Invest your time on YOU, not trying to measure up to a false perception.
- Smile when you look in the mirror. I’ve been doing this for over a decade now, and I truly love the person who smiles back at me. No more criticizing my belly, my wrinkles, my grey hair. That’s all my soul shell. My inner beauty shines through my smile. Try this every time you look in a mirror for 30 days and get back to me.
Thank you for being part of this year. Thank you for your comments, your emails, your spontaneous hugs on the street, your criticism, your book orders, your investment in coaching, your feedback, your connection. It’s deeply valued and has shaped me into who I am today.
I’m so grateful to you, and I am SO excited to see what 2023 will have in store for us all.
May you end/start the year with light and love, health and happiness, confidence and cheesecake.