Happy almost Kings Day!
In the Netherlands, where I am based, it’s nearly Kings Day. I love this holiday because it means everyone is covered in my favorite color, orange!
In the Royal Spirit, I’d like to take this opportunity to help you broaden your vocabulary horizons with some expressions, all about kings, queens, and royalty!
- ‘A prince among men’ – a fella who is very classy, kind, or sophisticated.
- ‘Cash is king’ –when money is the most valuable or important thing.
- ‘A king’s ransom’ – a very, very large amount of money.
- ‘To live like a king’ – to have a very luxurious lifestyle
- ‘Queen bee’ – a woman in a leadership role
- ‘Drama queen’ – someone who should save their drama for their mama
- ‘Yaassss queen!’ – an expression showing excitement or approval
- ‘Royal pain in the ass’ – really (really!) annoying
- ‘A battle royal’ – a very hard-fought battle or argument
- ‘To get the royal treatment’ – to get elaborate attention and care
- (My personal favorite) ‘Always wear your invisible crown’ – hold your head up high and feel good about yourself, no matter what the circumstances are!
That’s all for now!
If you are celebrating, I hope have a wonderful day!
If you are not celebrating, I hope you have a wonderful day!